Breathe easy in a NIOSH-certified Battery Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR) with Lightweight Drawstring and Tuck-In Hood - knowing the air inside your hood has been pulled through a high efficiency HEPA filter that removes up to 99.9999% of particulates down to 0.12 microns. No fit test required, easy setup, intuitive LED user interface.
X1 Safety is excited to announce the June 1st release of one of the most comfortable and protective respiratory PPE options on the market today - the RPB PX5 PAPR with Lightweight Tyvek® Hood. The next generation version of RPB Safety’s bestselling T-Link Series PX4 PAPR, the PX5 respirator features a lightweight compact design and utilizes advanced technologies - including superior ingress protection, filter safety mechanisms, an intuitive mount lock system and LED user interface - to provide easy-to-use, reliable respiratory protection. The PX5 received NIOSH certification from the CDC ahead of schedule due to the urgent need for more U.S.A. manufactured PPE. RPB Safety, a developer and manufacturer of respirators in Detroit since the 1970s, has added staffing and capacity to make as many of these respirators as they can each day. Purchase requests received through X1 Safety’s online store will be filled in the order they are received starting June 1st - backorders are not anticipated.
HEPA Filtered Breathing Air, Certified Protection
Originally designed as an industrial respirator for painting and powder coating, RPB Safety’s line of T-Link Respirator Hoods are safe and easy-to-use respirators for workers in any profession requiring protection from harmful particles. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: “PAPRs use only HE filters, which have a greater filtration efficiency against the smallest pathogen particles compared to N95 FFRs.” Additional information on the filtration efficacy of High-Efficiency (HE) particulate air filters can be found on the EPA website.
Rigorously tested in both controlled and field-testing environments, certifications for the PX5 PAPR include NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) and ANSI Z87+ - High velocity impact for eye and face. The PX5 PAPR system is comprised of a robust and reliable battery powered HEPA Air Purifier and lightweight Tyvek® Hood. Optional accessories are also available for purchase from X1 Safety as well as replacement parts. RPB PX5 PAPR system features include:
Lightweight Tyvek® Hood
- No Fit Test Required - Unlike N95 respirators, loose fitting hoods do not require a tight seal around your face. And unlike tight-fitting facepiece respirators, loose fitting hood PAPRs can be worn by people with facial hair. Comfortably accommodates most eyewear, including dental loupes.
- Ratcheting Adjustable Fit - Turn knob for a secure fit that ensures the hood moves with your head.
- Large Field of View - Large viewing window with exceptional downward and peripheral vision. Peel off disposable lenses available to ensure uninterrupted clear vision without wipe downs.
- Inner Bib with Draw String, Tuck-In Collar - Directs surplus air inside of clothing to keep you cool.
- Padded Head Liner - Comfort and balanced weight distribution ensures the hood will never blow up or off the wearer's head.
- Splatter Protection - Hood offers splash protection for the face and eyes.
Battery Powered Air Purifier
- High Efficiency Filtration - Removes up to 99.9999% of particulates, down to 0.12 microns.
- Lightweight Comfort - Filtration unit is just 2.55 lbs and is ergonomically designed to be comfortably worn around the waist.
- Long-Life Lithium-Ion Battery - Lasts from 8 to 12+ hours, depending on chosen fan speed.
- Safety Alarms - Audible, visible, and physical alarms alert you when the battery runs low or the filter needs to be replaced.
- Intuitive LED User Interface - Indicates airflow, fan speed and battery level.
- Assured Protection - To ensure filter safety, the filter door cannot mount to the unit unless a filter is fixed in place. To ensure users are always breathing clean filtered air, the unit will not operate unless the filter is properly installed.
- Decontaminable - Sleek considered lines and surfaces with quick release belt mounting system ensures a simplified decontamination process.
Optional Accessories & Replacement Parts
- Extra Batteries & Filters - Backup battery packs, battery chargers & HEPA filters.
- Tear-Off Disposable Lenses - Peel off disposable lenses ensure uninterrupted, clear vision without wipe downs. Peel off lenses save you from wasting time cleaning the outside of your hood, allowing you to quickly remove splatter from your field of view to ensure unobstructed vision.
- Connection Cables - Comms-Link in hood communications system for communicating with co-workers and employees as well as radio connection cables that work with most 2-way radio systems.
- Extra hood side padding for increased comfort during long-term use, helmet liners, reusable coveralls and carry-all bag.
- The T-Link PX5 PAPR is completely repairable, having been designed to maximize production efficiency in manufacturing settings by minimizing down time for respirator repairs. Click here to purchase RPB replacement parts from X1 Safety which will keep your respirator going without replacement.
How to Use
The T-Link PX5 is easy to set up and use. Instruction manuals are available here. How to Videos from the Manufacturer are available on YouTube:
- Setting Up Your Respirator for Use - PAPR | T-Link | RPB Safety
- How to Start the PAPR
- How to Adjust your Air Direction
- Additional Videos (playlist)
Why Select a PAPR? Information on Selecting Appropriate Respiratory Protection for your Business's Needs
For information & guidance from the CDC for Healthcare Practitioners regarding deployment of PAPRs as PPE check out this section of their Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) website which describes “considerations for the use of powered air-purifying respirators (PAPRs) to provide respiratory protection to healthcare practitioners (HCP) as a component of a formally developed and implemented written respiratory protection program. It addresses conventional, contingency, and crisis surge PAPR use and maintenance practices.” This information may also be of use to businesses reopening after Covid-19 community outbreaks - especially for professionals in public service or public facing positions - including dentists, dental hygienists, hair stylists and salon owners, physical therapists, restaurant owners and managers.
For additional information on the benefits of PAPR respirators, check out the National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL)’s guide to choosing NIOSH-Approved Respirators such as N95 masks or PAPR respirators. “Filtering facepiece respirators approved by NIOSH as N95s are often recommended when individuals may be exposed to small particle aerosols.” Other NIOSH-Approved respirators with similar protection such as PAPRs - including HEPA PAPRs with Hood such as the T-Link PX5 - are also discussed: “The final category of particle filtering respirators that may be considered as alternatives to N95 filtering facepiece respirators is known as the Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR). This type of respirator uses a battery-powered blower to force air through a particle filter for the wearer to breathe. They are capable of filtering particles from the air at efficiencies suitable to be substituted in situations where an N95 type filter has been recommended. The protection category for particle filtering PAPRs is designated as HEPA, which stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air filter.”
Brief introductory guides to the different types of air-purifying respirators available, including disposable respirator masks like the N95 filtering facepiece respirator, atmosphere-supplying respirators (generally used in industrial environments or in oxygen-deficient atmospheres) and PAPR are included in the links below. A directory of links to OSHA and CDC respirator protection standards and respirator selection guides are included in these summary articles.
- Respiratory Protection Overview - Part 1: Types and Classifications
- Part 2: Respiratory Protection Overview - An Overview of Respiratory Protection Standards
Universal Protection for Business Owners and Professionals
PAPRs offer reliable respiratory protection from airborne pathogens for business owners and employees in a range of professions requiring close personal contact with others including:
Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Dental Office Assistant, Orthodontist, Physical Therapist, Doctor, Nurse, Certified Nursing Assistant, Hospital Staff, Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic Staff, Nursing Home Attendant, Personal Care Aide/Home Care Aide, Direct Care Aide, Chiropractor, Public Safety Officer, Police Officer, First Responder/EMT, Security Officer, Librarian/Library Staff, Government Official, Judge & Courthouse Staff, Restaurant Manager or Staff, Office Administrative Staff, Retail Worker, Hair Stylist & Salon Staff, Barber, Delivery Driver, Bus Driver, Manufacturing Line Staff, Warehouse Employee, Maintenance Staff
Re-Open and Stay Open with Confidence - Give yourself, your employees, and your customers the confidence of "boy in a bubble" level of protection. Satiate nervous employees' demands for PPE and help them avoid missing work while clearly demonstrating to customers that your business takes everyone's safety seriously.
Why choose a RPB Safety Respirator? / How to Purchase
Established in the 1970's, RPB's Special Operations Unit has been developing disruptive respiratory protection innovation for over 40 years. An R&D group comprised of PPE innovators, users and advocates, they specialize in air supplied respirators, air line filters, monitoring equipment, and other safety essentials. RPB has added staffing and capacity to make as many of these respirators as they can each day. Each respirator is manufactured in Detroit with components that are also made in America with few exceptions. For those exceptions, RPB has stockpiled several years’ worth of supply to create a secure and uninterruptible supply chain.
Everything you need to get started (Tyvek® Hood and PAPR with Battery, Battery Charger, HEPA filter) plus instructions for set up and first time use is included in
For questions, please call X1 Safety: 248.221.8076