Blue Cowhide Welders Glove with Double Palm and Thumb
Flame Resistant | Sewn with Kevlar® | Sock Lined | Blue Side Split Leather
- Wide palm patch doubles palm and thumb crotch protection where wear is heaviest
- Treated with Heatshield to make leather flame resistant
- Performance thumb with reinforced thumb, palm and index finger seams
- One-piece back with 2 sets of elastic for snug fit
- Welted in all stress areas
- Self-rolled leather hem
- Large size
- Majestic Glove SKU 1514BLT
Z-Link + Welding Helmet with Visor
Z-Link Plus Welding Respirator
Elite Supplied Air Respirator for Welders
The result of extensive user testing in demanding welding environments, welding professionals benefit from reduced downtime and fatigue resulting in increased productivity.
Removable Welding Visor - The Z-Link+® clips directly onto your main visor, enabling you to lift up your visor to check welds and to instantly begin grinding. For extended periods of grinding the visor is easily removed at the hinge points.
The Z-Link+® includes the large RPB® ADF lens with the 18.104.22.168. rating in optical quality. The all-important fourth “1”, advanced angular dependence control, guarantees uniform shading and distortion-free vision, allowing you to work comfortably and effortlessly for hours across different angles.
Made in the USA.
Z4 Welding Mask with Visor
Z4 Welding Respirator
Comfort-Focused Supplied Air Respirator for Welders
Premium welding/grinding respirator designed with a primary focus on user comfort. The head harness and visor were carefully developed for optimum weight distribution, resulting in the most ergonomically balanced welding respirator in the field.
The Z4® comprises a crystal-clear grinding visor and a flip-up welding visor which you can lift to check welds and instantly begin grinding. Both shade 5 peripheral windows and opaque window blockers are included in the standard packages.
The Z4® is fitted with our large ADF lens boasting an optical quality rating of 22.214.171.124 with the all-important fourth “1”. Advanced angular dependence control guarantees uniform shading and distortion-free vision, allowing operators to work comfortably across different angles as required.
Patent pending dual air distribution system delivers air via an adjustable air deflector to both the operator and the visor to eliminate fogging.
To further increase your comfort, the Z4® can also be fitted with the Comfort-Link™ padding system.
Made in the USA.
Z3 Welding Mask
Z3 Welder Welding Respirator
Supplied Air Respirator with Breakthrough Optical Technology
Proven to deliver welding professionals with a comfortable working environment, the Z3™ Welder exceeds the demands of the most quality-conscious companies, while surpassing the most rigorous industry standards.
Advance your workplace safety with a product that boasts a range of truly unique design and engineering features. The Z3™ can withstand extreme temperatures without distortion due to the high performance nylon shell construction. The adjustable airflow disperser means that you can operate in a comfortable and fume-free breathing zone.
The Z3™ Welder includes the RPB® OCV filter with advanced angular dependence control providing uniform shading and distortion free vision to work comfortably across different angles. It features superior color definition in both open and activated states, allowing you to easily identify heat definition and displays on equipment.
The Z3™ has been rigorously tested through conventional safety testing methods in addition to field testing.
Made in the USA.
Why Supplied Air?
Comprehensive No-Fit Test Respiratory Protection and Compliance
Great for Beards, New Guys, and Part-Timers
Finding time to shave in the morning shouldn't have an impact on a welder's long-term health. Forced air respirators surround a welder's head with a helmet and neck shroud or shoulder cape, keeping out dangerous welding fumes. Respirable breathing air is supplied from a clean air source like a compressed air tank or fixed air line, or personal battery Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Elite Optical Protection and Clarity
These ADF lenses boast an optical quality rating of 126.96.36.199 with the all-important fourth “1”. Advanced angular dependence control guarantees uniform shading and distortion-free vision, allowing operators to work comfortably across different angles as required. It offers superior color definition in both open and activated states allowing welders to easily identify heat definition and displays on equipment.
Respiratory Protection from Welding Fumes Matters
The well documented long term health effects of some welding fumes range from cancer to damaging the nervous system. A welder might be considered lucky if the only known symptom they experienced in their career was "erosion and discoloration of the teeth." According to OSHA the potential health effects of breathing welding fume include:
- Prolonged exposure to welding fume may cause lung damage and various types of cancer, including lung, larynx and urinary tract.
- Acute exposure to welding fume and gases can result in eye, nose and throat irritation, dizziness and nausea.
- Health effects from certain fumes may include metal fume fever, stomach ulcers, kidney damage and nervous system damage.
- Prolonged exposure to manganese fume can cause Parkinson’s–like symptoms.
- Gases such as helium, argon, and carbon dioxide displace oxygen in the air and can lead to suffocation, particularly when welding in confined or enclosed spaces. Carbon monoxide gas can form, posing a serious asphyxiation hazard.
- Hexavalent Chromium (CR(VI)) is known to cause cancer while targeting the respiratory system, kidneys, liver, skin, and eyes. Adverse health effects associated with Cr(VI) exposure include:
Occupational asthma | Eye irritation and damage | Perforated eardrums | Respiratory irritation | Kidney damage | Liver damage | Pulmonary congestion and edema | Upper abdominal pain | Nose irritation and damage | Respiratory cancer | Skin irritation | Erosion and discoloration of the teeth | Allergic contact dermatitis that is long-lasting and more severe with repeated skin exposure | Contact with non-intact skin can lead to ulceration of the skin sometimes referred to as chrome ulcers - crusted, painless lesions showing a pitted ulcer covered with fluid.
- What is in welding fume?
- Metals: Aluminum, Antimony, Arsenic, Beryllium, Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Iron, Lead, Manganese, Molybdenum, Nickel, Silver, Tin, Titanium, Vanadium, Zinc.
- Gases, Shielding—Argon, Helium, Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide.
- Gases, Process—Nitric Oxide, Nitrogen Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, Ozone, Phosgene, Hydrogen Fluoride, Carbon Dioxide.
Certified Protection and Compliance
These respirators have been rigorously tested in both controlled and field-testing environments. Certifications include
NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
ANSI Z87+ - High velocity impact for eye and face.
- ANSI Z87W - Welding eye protection.
- ANSI Z89.1 - Hard hat protection (Z-LINK+ ONLY)
Choosing an Air Flow Device
PX4 Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) - Ergonomically designed, lightweight, battery powered unit worn on the hip to supply HEPA filtered breathing air without the restriction of attached air lines.
C40 Climate Control Device - Boost productivity with incoming air cooled by up to 52°F (29°C) or warmed by up to 33°F (18°C) with the slide of a lever.
Flow Control/Constant Flow Device - Select these fittings to regulate the flow of air from a clean air source.