Z-Link - Versatile Multi-Purpose Supplied Air Respirator
The Z-Link® System from RPB® serves the widest spectrum of industries and applications in the field.
The Z-Link®’s large visor enables you to operate with a widened perspective. It features exceptional downward and peripheral vision combined with a visor that hinges open for free air breathing and easy communication. Engineered to advance your safety. Designed to increase your productivity.
Superior comfort - The first padded multi-purpose respirator on the planet. A fully-adjustable Comfort-Link™ Fit System allowing for total control on helmet and head placement including the 360-degree adjustable head band and reversible brow pad.
Inspired by military innovation, our R&D Special Ops Unit has relentlessly refined every last detail. The team has traveled the world to meet with and listen to operators. Ultimately, these refinements have enabled RPB® users to work smarter, not harder. Save crucial energy, time and costs in competitive industry environments, where elite protective equipment is often overlooked.
Made in the USA.
No-Fit Test Respiratory Protection and Compliance
Great for beards, new guys, and part-timers.
Forced air respirators completely cover the operator's head with a helmet and neck or shoulder shroud, sealing out the work site's ambient air. It only allows clean breathing air from a personal Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) that filters the air, a compressed air tank, or a fixed air line. The HEPA filters in RPB's PAPRs provide respiratory protection for workers in a wide range of industries. Applications include:
- Asbestos exposure abatement - when asbestos fibers (a known human carcinogen) are breathed in, they can be trapped and remain there for a long time. These fibers can accumulate with repeat exposure, leading to scarring and inflammation, which affects breathing and can lead to serious health problems such as:
- Cancers - including mesothelioma and cancers of the lung, larynx, and ovary. Possibly causes cancers of the stomach, pharynx, and colorectum.
- Asbestosis - shortness of breath, coughing, permanent lung damage.
- Pleural disorders - pleural plaques, pleural thickening, and pleural effusions - these are changes in membranes surrounding lungs.
- Erionite, a fibrous material similar to asbestos, related diseases are reported most often among road construction and maintenance workers exposed to some gravels used in road surfacing.
- Heavy Engineering
- Hexavalent Chromium (Hex chrome) Protection - a Z-Link respirator upgraded with the flip up ADF lens for welding protects welders from dangerous fumes.
- Isocyanates Abatement (Automotive, building insulation, coatings)
- Lead exposure abatement
- Metalworking (Welding & grinding)
- Painting & Powder Coating
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Silica exposure abatement - respirable crystalline silica particles are found in many materials and causes multiple diseases.
- Diseases include silicosis (which increases susceptibility to tuberculosis (TB), lung cancer, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), scleroderma, kidney disease. Exposure is related to the development of autoimmune disorders and cardiovascular impairment. Exposure possibly causes renal disease.
- Sources of exposure include sandblasting for surface preparation. Some blasting media materials. Crushing, cutting, chipping, drilling, sawing, and grinding rock, concrete, engineered surfaces and other construction materials. Masonry and concrete work (e.g., building and road construction and repair). Mining/tunneling; demolition work. Cement and asphalt pavement manufacturing. Concrete and engineered stone counter top fabrication.
Details of risks and sources of risks were gathered from OSHA.gov and Cancer.gov
The Z-Link has been rigorously tested in both controlled and field-testing environments. Certifications include:
- NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
- ANSI Z87+ - High velocity impact for eye and face
- ANSI Z89.1 - Hard hat protection
Respiratory Protection made in Royal Oak, Michigan
In their words - Protection you for life's best moments® by creating the world's best industrial respirators that advance your safety and increase your productivity. Established in the 1970's, RPB's Special Operations Unit has been developing disruptive innovation for 40 years. An R&D group comprised of PPE innovators, users and advocates, we specialize in air supplied respirators, air line filters, monitoring equipment, and safety essentials.