Made in Detroit. Ships Free.
Z-Link Radiant/High Heat Respirator
Respirator Helmet with Aluminized Shroud and Gold Visors for Foundries, Steel Mills, Glass Manufacturing and Arc Flash Applications.
The result of extensive user testing in demanding welding environments, welding professionals benefit from reduced downtime and fatigue resulting in increased productivity.
The Z-Link Radiant Heat Kit is an optional visor and cape attachment for high heat applications such as foundries, steel mills, and glass manufacturing. It allows the user to quickly add on the high heat attachments to any Z-Link respirator for radiant heat and flame protection while maintaining APF1000 (TH3) respiratory protection.
Ultimate Thermal Heat Protection
No-Fit Test Respiratory Protection & Compliance
Great for Beards, New Guys, & Part-Timers
Finding time to shave in the morning shouldn't impact an employee's long-term health. Forced air respirators surround the operator's head with a helmet or mask & face seal or shoulder shroud, keeping out dangerous welding fumes. Respirable breathing air is supplied from a clean air source like a compressed air tank, fixed air line, or personal PAPR.
Clean Air On The Go
Select the ergonomically designed, lightweight, battery powered PX4 Air for a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) is worn on the hip that supplies HEPA filtered breathing air without the restriction of attached air lines.
Productivity Boosting Comfort
Air supplied from a clean air source can be cooled by up to 52°F (29°C) or warmed by up to 33°F (18°C) with the C40 Climate Control Device while keeping the visor fog-free.
Protection from Airborne Contaminants
The versatile Z-Link respirator helmet provides protection for workers in a wide range of industries. , such as:
- Asbestos abatement - with repeat exposure, asbestos fibers can lead to scarring & inflammation, affecting breathing & serious health problems including:
- Cancers - mesothelioma and cancers of the lung, larynx, and ovary. Possibly causes cancers of the stomach, pharynx, & colorectum
- Asbestosis - shortness of breath, coughing, permanent lung damage
- Pleural disorders (changes in membranes surrounding lungs) - pleural plaques, pleural thickening, & pleural effusions.
- Erionite related diseases often reported by construction/maintenance workers exposed to some gravels
- Heavy Engineering
- Hexavalent Chromium (Hex chrome) Protection - upgrade with the flip up ADF lens to protect metalworkers & welders/grinding from dangerous fumes
- Isocyanates Abatement (Automotive, building insulation, coatings)
- Lead exposure abatement
- Silica exposure abatement - respirable crystalline silica particles found in many materials causes multiple diseases, including silicosis (which increases susceptibility to tuberculosis (TB)), lung cancer, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), scleroderma, kidney disease.
- Sources include crushing, cutting, chipping, drilling, sawing, & grinding rock, concrete, engineered surfaces & other construction materials. Masonry & concrete work (e.g., building & road construction & repair). Mining/tunneling; demolition work. Cement & asphalt pavement manufacture. Concrete & engineered stone counter top fabrication
Z-Link Radiant Heat Video from RPB
Z-Link Video from RPB
Certifications & More...
The Z-Link+® has been rigorously tested in both controlled & field-testing environments. Certifications include:
NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
ANSI Z87+ - High velocity impact for eye and face
- ANSI Z87W - Welding eye protection
- ANSI Z89.1 - Hard hat protection
Choosing an Air Flow Device
PX5 Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) - Lightweight battery powered unit supplies HEPA filtered air without restriction of attached lines.
- Made in Michigan from local and globally sourced components
- Find RPB parts here or instruction manuals here
- Questions? Call (833) 408-0500
PPE made in America
See all RPB Respiratory Protection and Safety Essentials
In their words - Protecting you for life's best moments® by creating the world's best industrial respirators that advance your safety & increase your productivity. Established in the 1970's, RPB's Special Operations Unit has been developing disruptive innovation for 40 years. An R&D group comprised of PPE innovators, users & advocates, we specialize in air supplied respirators, air line filters, monitoring equipment, & safety essentials.