Made in Detroit. Ships Free.
All Purpose Respirator Helmet with ADF Welding Visor
The result of extensive user testing in demanding welding environments, welding professionals benefit from reduced downtime and fatigue resulting in increased productivity.
Removable Welding Visor - The Z-Link+® clips directly onto your main visor, enabling you to lift up your visor to check welds and to instantly begin grinding. For extended periods of grinding the visor is easily removed at the hinge points.
The Z-Link+® includes the large RPB® ADF lens with the 184.108.40.206. rating in optical quality. The all-important fourth 1, advanced angular dependence control, guarantees uniform shading and distortion-free vision, allowing you to work comfortably and effortlessly for hours across different angles.
Ultimate Welder Protection
No Fit Test Respiratory Protection and Compliance
Great for Beards, New Guys, & Part-Timers
Finding time to shave in the morning shouldn't impact a welder's long-term health. Forced air respirators surround a welder's head with a helmet or mask & face seal or shoulder shroud, keeping out dangerous welding fumes. Respirable breathing air is supplied from a clean air source like a compressed air tank, fixed air line, or personal PAPR.
Clean Air for Welders On The Go
Select the ergonomically designed, lightweight, battery powered PX4 Air for a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) is worn on the hip that supplies HEPA filtered breathing air without the restriction of attached air lines.
Elite Optical Protection & Clarity
ADF lens boasts an optical quality rating of 220.127.116.11 with the all-important 4th 1. Angular dependence control guarantees uniform shading & distortion-free vision, allowing operators to work comfortably across different angles. Superior color definition in both open & activated states allows welders to easily identify heat definition & displays on equipment.
Protection from Welding Fumes
Long-term health effects of some welding fumes range from cancer to nervous system damage. According to OSHA, potential health effects of breathing welding fume include:
- Prolonged exposure may cause lung damage & various types of cancer, including lung, larynx & urinary tract
- Acute exposure to welding fume & gases can result in eye, nose & throat irritation, dizziness & nausea
- Health effects from some fumes include metal fume fever, stomach ulcers, kidney damage & nervous system damage
- Prolonged exposure to manganese fume can cause Parkinsons like symptoms
- Displaced oxygen can lead to suffocation. Carbon monoxide can form, posing an asphyxiation hazard
- Hexavalent Chromium (CR(VI)) causes cancer, targeting respiratory system, kidneys, liver, skin & eyes. Adverse health effects associated with Cr(VI) exposure include: Occupational asthma | Eye & nose irritation & damage | Perforated eardrums | Respiratory irritation & cancer | Kidney & liver damage | Pulmonary congestion & edema | Upper abdominal pain | Skin irritation | Erosion & discoloration of teeth | Contact dermatitis (long-lasting & more severe with repeat exposure) | Contact with non-intact skin can lead to ulceration (chrome ulcers)
- What's in welding fume? Metals: Aluminum, Antimony, Arsenic, Beryllium, Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Iron, Lead, Manganese, Molybdenum, Nickel, Silver, Tin, Titanium, Vanadium, Zinc. Gases, Shielding Argon, Helium, Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide. Gases, Process Nitric Oxide, Nitrogen Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, Ozone, Phosgene, Hydrogen Fluoride.
Z-Link Video from RPB
Certifications & More...
The Z-Link+® has been rigorously tested in both controlled & field-testing environments. Certifications include:
NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
ANSI Z87+ - High velocity impact for eye and face
- ANSI Z87W - Welding eye protection
- ANSI Z89.1 - Hard hat protection
Choosing an Air Flow Device
PX5 Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) - Lightweight battery powered unit supplies HEPA filtered air without restriction of attached lines.
- C40 Climate Control Device - Boost productivity with air cooled by up to 52°F (29°C) or warmed by up to 33°F (18°C) with the slide of a lever.
- Made in Michigan from local and globally sourced components
- Find RPB parts here or instruction manuals here
- Questions? Call (833) 408-0500
PPE made in America
See all RPB Respiratory Protection and Safety Essentials
In their words - Protecting you for life's best moments® by creating the world's best industrial respirators that advance your safety & increase your productivity. Established in the 1970's, RPB's Special Operations Unit has been developing disruptive innovation for 40 years. An R&D group comprised of PPE innovators, users & advocates, we specialize in air supplied respirators, air line filters, monitoring equipment, & safety essentials.
Scroll Down for Recommended Accessories & Repair Parts